Aerostar 700 / 702 iPhone App for W & B

If you have or need parts or supplies relating to Aerostar aircraft or engines, this is the place to connect with a buyer or seller. Of course the Aerostar-Forum makes no representation as to the status of anything offered for sale.
Bill Ositas

Re: Aerostar 700 / 702 iPhone App for W & B

Post by Bill Ositas » 25 Mar 2015, 00:15

I have an update ready that adds a simple fuel calculator, but it's waiting for Apple to approve it.

Here is what it looks like on an iPhone:

Of course, all those settings are adjustable. If you touch the question mark, you can enter two airports IDs and calculate the direct distance between them based on the lat/lon obtained from AirNav.

Uday Saraiya

Post by Uday Saraiya » 09 Apr 2015, 17:06

The new & updated W & B app with fuel distance time calculator for our trips is BRILLIANT! Thanks, Bill
Uday Saraiya
N700GP
1981 702P

Walter Kahn

Post by Walter Kahn » 09 Apr 2015, 19:18

GREAT JOB BILL! THANK YOU

walter
Walter Kahn

Bill Ositas

Post by Bill Ositas » 10 Apr 2015, 00:43

Ahh.. I guess you guys noticed that the update finally posted today... When I get a chance I'll add set it up to parse the airport elevation from the AirNav info in the fuel calculator so it can calculate climb/descent more accurately. Is it a pain that you have to be on-line to do the airport distance calculation, or is everyone just using it on an iphone anyway?

Next I just need to find a good source for winds aloft to add winds to the calculations....

Any suggestions for what else you guys want to be able to look up quickly in the lookup page?

Also, I have another project that uses these iBeacons and the cool thing about them is that you can set it up so the phone wakes up the app when it sees the related beacon. The beacons themselves run on batteries and weight about an ounce. So, if you had a beacon in your airplane, the app would wake up every time you got in the plane it would log the time and location, and when you went out of range of the aircraft it would log the time and location and you would have an approximate flight time and where you went.

I'm terrible at keeping logs, I download them from my JPI at the end of the year. But that doesn't tell me where I went. This would be permanently stored in iCloud (so it would survive a bricked phone) and it doesn't require you to even start an app each time you fly to maintain the log.

I'm probably going to do it anyway, but what do you guys think of the idea?

-VO

Frank Lenzi

Post by Frank Lenzi » 19 Dec 2018, 02:02

I have a new iPad and during the transfer the W&B app from Bill Ositas did not survive. I tried downloading it from the App Store and it does not appear to be available. Anyone able to send me a link that works?
It was really handy.
CFDBN Aerostar Super 700

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 19 Dec 2018, 18:10

According to Apple rules - one can not load any app that does not come from the app store. Also I believe that Bill would be subject to annual fees and compliance issues. As Apple "upgrades" their OS they expect the developer to jump the hurdles. There is no fee for the app and no up side for Bill, but maybe he'll respond.

It is a GREAT piece of work. I'd pay for it happily.
          __ I __
      --ø--(_)--ø---
          "   '    "
     Forum Queen

Josh Holtzman

Post by Josh Holtzman » 19 Dec 2018, 19:14

I used to use this W&B app when it was available in the app store. I've since switched to using ForeFlight's W&B feature, which also works great, allows total customization (aux fuel tank, fuel "overfill", middle seats installed or removed, etc) and allows me to remove one more icon from the icon sea that is IOS.
N51EL - 1981 602P/700

Bill Ositas

Post by Bill Ositas » 20 Mar 2019, 09:46

Yeah, it's back up in the store with some bug fixes. Should update alright.

I pretended to be retired for a while and didn't keep stuff up to date, but that Aerostar takes a lot of care and feeding, so I'm working again.

Link for download is here:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/aerostar-w ... o%3D4&mt=8